Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pledge For Peace - My Peace Diary

The Pledge for Peace call upon each of us to transform our lives to move closer towards a culture of peace and nonviolence.

     I pledge  in my daily life,                               

         in my family,        my work,   

                                                                my community, 

      my country and          my region, 

 Age Group: All

Time Required: ongoing.
Preparation:
Exercise:
  • Each student will make a Peace Diary by copying each of the six points of the pledge onto a separate sheet of paper. These pages can be bound into a small book.

  • As a group, discuss the meaning of each of the points of the pledge. Come up with real-world examples of how people in the group can live out the pledge in their every-day lives. If the group is big enough, consider breaking down into six groups and have each group brainstorm for 10 minutes several practical examples of putting the pledge into action, then report the findings back to the group.

  • Have each person keep their Peace Pledge Diary. They can record examples from their own lives (for example, "I helped preserve the planet by recycling newspapers today.") or record examples that they observe in the community or the media. Set aside a short time each week when students can share their observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment